Wednesday 7 August 2024

Ul Roam

 No, not a walk around 'Ull but a wander round Ulrome. I should make an effort to visit more often as I always enjoy it.

The morning started off with a bang as I heard a Quail singing from a field on my way to the Turnpike. Quality start or (quaility start 🤣).

Didn't see the Quail but it's there somewhere

I don't seem to come across anywhere near as many poppies as I used to - probably due to them being classed as weeds by farmers. Pity as they are beautiful flowers and really brighten up field margins. Good for invertebrates too but that's not as important as having tidy and weed free fields. Yes I know, I'm moaning and groaning and banging on about leaving as much natural habitat as possible again. You know I'm right though 😉

Poppies in the early morning sun

 At this time of year there aren't many birds singing so I'll take what I can get - a Goldfinch! They don't feature in my blog posts very often.

Goldfinch twittering

 Good numbers of Willow Warblers were in the willows with several youngsters seen in and amongst.

Willow Warbler

Down on the beach were a couple of Dunlin, until a dog came along and sent them on their way. <<sigh>> don't get me started on another rant ☹️

Dunlin feeding, pre-chasing

I took way more photos than I can comment on without sounding too repetitive, so here's just a few more, with silence from yours truly.

Silver Y moth

Speckled Wood
Spotted Thintail hoverfly

No comments:

Post a Comment