Monday 8 January 2018

A Good Start to The Year

Well it's been a good start to the new year of 2018 for me, and I hope your year is also going well.

Not staying in bed on New Year's Day gave me an extra few hours to invest in walking on the cliffs, down to the beach and along the south of The Mere. Kirkholme Point is closed on NYD so that wasn't an option.
Dead fish - Dab or Halibut?
As I walked along the beach it was clear that there had been a pretty high tide and along the strand line there were a few pieces of debris - which we don't really get here on the Holderness coast. Among the jetsam was a dead fish (see photo above) which I think is either a Dab or a Halibut. There were a number of old plastic bits and pieces too so I picked them up to drop in a litter bin. I left the fish for the gulls to eat.

As I walked towards home along Southorpe Road the morning sun was making everything look tremendously golden.
4 Roe Deer
The Mere from Southorpe Road

Hornsea United Reformed Church
St Nicholas Church
Barnacle Geese

No comments:

Post a Comment