Thursday 2 May 2019

Sunny but A Chilly Northerly

Local patch - beach, Stream Dike, KP, Mere southside set off at 07:45
cold N wind but 9 degrees C
7.2 miles
46 bird species

Highlights
Tawny Owl calling and being mobbed
first damselfly of the year

Shorts and a shirt today as I was a bit too warm yesterday, but I wish I had put some thin gloves on as my hands were cold in the chilly wind. Walked around with my hands in my pockets like a slovenly school boy :)

Not as many birds around as yesterday - maybe because I was an hour later??
The cowslips on KP are looking wonderful
Wassand woodland walk
Wassand woodland walk
Sedge Warbler
Greenfinch looking splendid
Treecreeper with a tasty morsel of food
Mallard with the first duckling brood of the year
The two Great Spotted Woodpecker nests seem to be doing OK. I'm assuming they are on eggs as the birds are swapping over regularly.

Species List 47:
Great Crested Grebe
Mute Swan
White-fronted Goose, Greylag Goose+goslings, Canada Goose
Mallard+ducklings, Tufted Duck, Pochard
Sparrowhawk
Pheasant
Coot
Lapwing
Great-black Backed Gull, Black-headed Gull, Herring Gull
Stock Dove, Wood Pigeon
Tawny Owl
Swift
House Martin
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Skylark
Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbird
Song Thrush
Cetti's Warbler
Sedge Warbler, Reed Warbler
Lesser Whitethroat, Whitethroat
Blackcap
Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler
Blue, Great Tit
Treecreeper
Jackdaw, Magpie, Rook, Carrion Crow
Starling, House Sparrow
Reed Bunting
Chaffinch
Greenfinch

Small White and Speckled Wood butterflies
Speckled Wood

Blue Damselfly

No comments:

Post a Comment