Tuesday 29 September 2020

Red-backed Shrike

 At last we found a Red-backed Shrike at the Mere. Neither I nor Jon had managed to see previous visitors so it was good to get a record at last.

It was in the hedgerow that separates first and second fields and stayed most of the day, though it was rather flighty.

First sighting at 08:44


Last photo taken before I left to continue my walk

As I came back through the fields MJ was there waiting for the shrike to re-appear, and I managed another sighting before I left again. Hopefully Mike got it too.

Three Stonechat were also flitting along the hedge and flying down to the fence line. I had four there yesterday so they are hanging around.

Red-backed Shrike and Stonechat photo bomb
Stonechatless Shrike
Stonechat



No comments:

Post a Comment