Thursday 29 September 2022

America

There's a bit of a backlog of photos building that I keep meaning to post, but then things get in the way and I somehow just don't do it. The ideas for post themes come and go each day then they just disappear into the ether, never to be seen again.

Therefore as a way of catching up, once again I give you a post with no cohesive narrative, which may be a good thing?

Blogging is in some ways a better method of sharing stuff than social media (I don't consider a blog to be social media) as the format is more flexible, but you don't get any feedback so you think your audience (whoever they are) are OK with whatever you're posting. If my audience get fed up with seeing whatever is on here then they'll vote with their mouse, or finger if it's a tablet or phone, and go elsewhere. I will be unaware and will watch the world carry on (cf Estonia by Marillion). 😊

Anyway, you may have gathered that I have this thing with music. I love music and I've heard so much over the years that now most things I hear and see remind me of songs, lyrics, album titles or whatever, and this sometimes drives my posts and gives me a theme.

Today's post title for example references America, a band who released "A Horse With No Name" in 1971. This came to mind when I thought of not putting a name to this post, hence A Post With No Name, hence America.

Some of these photos were taken locally, some weren't. 

A link to Hobby Horse With No Name perhaps?
The charming Little Grebe

Never seen a Kestrel messing with its prey in flight before
The seldom seen Reed Rabbit

This male Sprawk had eyes in the back of its head 😂
The Goldfinches and Roe Deer were taken this morning at Rolston, the Sprawk was also this morning on South Cliff, so I'm up to date now. Job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment