Thursday 14 March 2024

Great White Egret at The Mere

At last, something to write about!!

I found a Great White Egret and a Smew (redhead) this morning. The GWE was a year first but the Smew wasn't as we've had a few brief visitations already. The GWE was over on the north shore and the Smew was mid-Mere so nothing but record shots.

This and pic below - redhead Smew

Great White Egret at Hermitage
GWE in Hermitage reedbed (60x digiscoped)
GWE digiscoped and cropped

On Tuesday I had 5 Grey Herons over the north reedbed in Decoy making a hell of a racket as they sorted each other out.

Three of the five Grey Herons over Decoy reedbed

Last week I enjoyed the sight and sound of 4 Common Buzzards over Seaton pond. With a lovely blue sky as a backdrop it was a glorious few minutes before they soared off.

Common Buzzards over Seaton pond
Common Buzzard
I have only seen a single Brown Hare this year so I hope they start appearing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment