Thursday 26 October 2017

Long-tailed Duck

It was a cool and overcast day as I set off on my walk and the breeze had a bit of nip to it. Shorts are a thing if the past now and I had gloves and a woolly hat in my pocket just in case. I didn't need them as it turned out though.

On the cliffs there were a few Meadow Pipits and 4 Skylarks but nothing else to keep me interested. Same on the beach, seafront and Stream Dike so I carried on to Kirkholme Point.

The Little Gulls are now long gone though one or two still appear intermittently on The Mere, but not on the jetties. Off the south side of KP I saw a Long-tailed Duck, probably the same bird that has been seen over the last week or so. It was distant and never came any closer than about 200 yards.
female/juv-type Long-tailed Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment