Monday 27 January 2020

South Cliffs and Beach

January total - 130 miles
Year total - 130 miles

An overdue walk on the cliffs this morning and looking for Stonechats that usually appear on the cliff tops in January. Also Meadow Pipits join the permanently resident Skylarks so I was hoping for a few sightings.

On the way I saw that Snowdrops are out and looking good.
Snowdrops brightening up the town
Straight away as I got onto the cliffs I could hear a Skylark singing! What a great way to kick off your day. Half a mile further along another couple of Skylarks and the first Meadow Pipits of the year.
The first of 6 Mipits
...and just a few yards away - a pair of Stonechats. Fantastic.

They like to use the gorse bushes along the cliff tops but unfortunately they are disappearing due to coastal erosion.
There was nothing else of interest on the cliffs so I went down to the beach. There I found the usual Sanderlings and Turnstones.
Sanderling
Turnstone

No comments:

Post a Comment