Friday 4 June 2021

Cuckoo at home

 A great morning and an even better evening today.

As I arrived home from an early morning walk, still before 8am, I heard a cuckoo calling from behind the house. It was in a tree very close by but was obscured by foliage. It flew out as two Blackbirds got fed up and saw it off.

Cuckoo flying off towards Freeport this morning

I'd just finished eating this evening when I heard it again - even closer this time and sitting out in the top of the tree:

Better views this evening

 
 
 
Quiz from my previous post
Agree to disagree. But disagree to part - which song does this line come from?
The answer is: The Things We Do For Love by 10CC

2 comments:

  1. Not heard a cuckoo since I was a youth and I am out and about Hornsea, including the Mere for at least an hour everyday and I am not death. Great photography and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation of my efforts 👍 Cuckoos over the past few years seem to miss out the Mere when they are around Hornsea. We've heard them distantly from the Mere but none actually there. Don't know why!

      Delete