Monday 7 February 2022

South Cliffs of Hornsea

Golden Plovers fill your eyes
Smiles await you when you rise

There were 7 Golden Plovers in the crop field on South Cliffs as I walked on this morning. As I got them in the bins they flew off south, all except one, that for some reason decided to stay.

The lone Golden Plover that stayed behind

The Snipe and Woodcock that I flushed went unphototgraphed (as usual) but a Stonechat didn't.

I'd better enjoy the gorse while I can before it falls into the sea like all the others have. If we're not losing habitat to the sea we're losing it to new developments on the cliff tops, so staycationers can have somewhere to stay on their cation.

Not strictly south cliff, but south beach which is sort of below south cliff...

A single Turnstone on the beach
One of eight Sanderlings

No comments:

Post a Comment