Monday 11 July 2022

A Cool Mere Pelagic

 Another hot day with a little breeze so I set off for a cool down on the water.

A couple of Avocets were seen earlier so I hoped they were on Swan Island spit with the masses of Mute Swans.

No Avocets unfortunately but I did get a Kittiwake just off the spit on the north side, with the only other bird of note being a Dunlin up the east end on the vegetation by the reed bed.

Common Terns kept me interested through the cruise, as did a number of dragonflies, but it was difficult to get a positive id as I was unable to follow their flight path. Only certainty was an Emperor.

Lesser Black-backed Gull

Little Egret

Kittiwake - the first I've seen land at the Mere

Lapwing

Common Tern

juv Black-headed Gull
juv Black-headed Gull landing on a buoy

Dunlin
Dunlin

No comments:

Post a Comment