Tuesday 15 August 2023

The Young Ones Part II

 A couple of juvenile Buzzards were flying around Southorpe Road/Weatherhill, making a noise as young 'uns tend to do.

Juvenile Common Buzzard
Image cropped from above photo

Juvenile Common Buzzard
 Down at the Mere a juvenile Kestrel was also making a racket. I'll be glad when the schools go back 😂😂

Juvenile Kestrel
Also active down on the south side of the Mere was a group of young Chiff Chaffs - going quietly about their business which was nice...
Juvenile Chiff Chaff, one of four
 ...and about 100 Sand Martins, landing in the reed bed and flying off catching insects.
Just a few of about 100 Sand Martins
Sand Martins in first field reed bed
A sunny morning brought out several butterflies, my morning list was Holly Blue, Common Blue, Gatekeeper, Meadow Brown, Speckled Wood, Large White, Green-veined White, Red Admiral and Small Copper.
Holly Blue
Gatekeeper
Small Copper
Common Blue

On my way to the hide I saw a Roebuck coming down through the tall vegetation. I got a photo through the grass just as it spotted me and ran for it.

Roebuck full frame, no cropping
Roebuck away
Roebuck showing me a clean pair of heels 😂
Roe deer doe and two youths

No comments:

Post a Comment