Monday 2 October 2023

Painted Lady at Last

 It's very late, but today gave me my first Painted Lady sighting of the year! A few have been reported along the east coast today and luckily I managed to see one near Hornsea Burton Road.

Painted Lady, briefly
There hasn't been much to get excited about this last week (apart from my much-better half's big birthday) so here's a round up of the sort of highlights.

A walk around Rolston on Wednesday was fine and sunny so butterflies and dragonflies were showing well.

Comma at Rolston
Common Darter at Rolston
Chicory (flower, not Tip)

Thursday (before we set off for the birthday bash) along the Mere south side was quieter than hearing a butterfly bumping into a cotton wool ball.

A single Harebell in the hawthorn field
Common Buzzard over Heslop's
Wigeon over first field

Saturday I walked along the sea front and then into KP. It was a nice bright morning for taking some snaps.

Plenty of Pink-footed Geese going over

Four Little Gulls were at KP so I got some shots, as I haven't taken many of this species this year.

KP jetty is the best place to see Little Gulls
Obviously not a girl Little Gull
Little Gull in flight off KP
I waited a long time for this Pied Wagtail to do the business...😂

No comments:

Post a Comment