Thursday 7 December 2023

Yesterday And Today

 A bright morning today so I was out and about early, happily wandering towards Rolston and all points south.

Unfortunately, although I enjoyed my walk very much, there was nothing to report on the wildlife front. Even the long-staying Stonechats had disappeared from the cliff tops (but they maybe had relocated along Stream Dyke as I saw a pair there today).

Along the sea front the tide was going out and a single Purple Sandpiper was snoozing on one of the groyne uprights. I say snoozing, it was actually watching me very closely as I approached along the prom, even though it had its head tucked under its wing 😂

First sighting of the Purple Sandpiper (600mm)

Full frame 600mm zoom
Yesterday I went to the hide in the afternoon as I was stuck for anywhere else to go 🤣I was not expecting to see anything and I wasn't disappointed - apart from a Water Rail wandering around the grass behind the hide.

Water Rail at Wassand
The fields, woods and paths are waterlogged so seeing rails out and about isn't at all surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment