Friday 20 November 2020

Sunrise Walk Along Hornsea South Cliffs

As the days get shorter it gets easier to be up and out when the sun rises - as I was today.

I've been checking the stubble fields on the cliffs for Shore Larks, Snow Buntings and Lapland Buntings, but I haven't been lucky enough to see any yet. Lapland Buntings were reported last week but on a day when I didn't walk the cliffs.

The day started bright and cold as befits the time of year and we had our first frost of the winter with temperatures down to zero overnight. 

Unfortunately there were no birds of note this morning, but it was a good walk none the less.

Sunrise over Westermost Rough wind farm

The view from higher up on the cliffs showed the north-south tidal drift very clearly.

I couldn't let a breezy day with an incoming tide pass by without getting some spindrift pics now could I 😊

Spindrift off the incoming waves

 
Yesterday was a reasonable morning with a bit of sun showing through the clouds which enabled me to get a few birdlife photos. 
 
One of the many Redwing feeding on hawthorn berries

The wintering Barnacle Geese are still here

Close up of a Barnacle Goose's undercarriage

Great Spotted Woodpecker

No comments:

Post a Comment