Monday 28 December 2020

Very Wet and Pretty Quiet

 After the heavy rain the footpaths and fields are very wet indeed, with a stream running through the gate between first and second fields and a flooded path at Snipe Grounds. I couldn't get through there as I didn't have wellies on so I detoured around it which made my walk shorter than usual.

The number of Redwing and Fieldfare seemed lower than I've seen for a while but the Goldfinch and Linnet flock is increasing.

Apart from those there wasn't much to see until I got to Freeport car park on my way home and saw a Sparrowhawk standing in a large puddle. I got as close as I could as there was no cover between me and the bird, and took a few photos before it got tired of being watched and flew into the trees. It wasn't wet so I guess I may have disturbed it before it got down to a bath.

Also in the car park was a Mistle Thrush and a small flock of Long-tailed Tits - Could have saved myself getting wet feet and just gone straight to the car park.

No comments:

Post a Comment