Tuesday 18 April 2023

Singing Treecreeper

 I haven't heard Treecreepers singing very often so when I heard one this morning I stopped to find it and tried to get a video.

The volume isn't very good but if you turn up the volume on your device you may get a reasonable sound.

I've editted out the bit between its bouts of singing (2) to reduce the file size.


Also this morning at the Mere I saw an insect I've only seen here a few times before - ichneumon xanthorius. Common enough but a nice looking insect - for a wasp 😂

Ichneumon xanthorius

Yesterday at Rolston I had at least 6 Willow Warblers singing, another nice backdrop to my walk.

Willow Warbler at Rolston

On the cliffs there were loads of Meadow Pipits moving through and I counted at least 13 singing Skylarks.

Meadow Pipit on the move
One of the Skylarks was singing on the ground after it landed - again, I've not observed this behaviour often in the past, but it certainly happens.
Skylarks at South Cliff

Linnets are nesting along the cliffs again despite the serious disruption caused by tractors and earth movers ripping up the cliff tops.

male Linnet on a gorse bush

No comments:

Post a Comment