Wednesday 28 April 2021

Ring Ouzel at The Mere and a Black Redstart at East Carlton

 At last I found a Ring Ouzel at The Mere. After years of trying I found a male this afternoon as I was walking along the south side footpath to pick up my car from the garage. As I had done 8 miles this morning with the weight of the camera around my neck I decided not to take the camera with me this afternoon. Aaaaaargh. Mistake. Never mind - hopefully there'll be another one along shortly, working on the vague principle of number 19 buses 🤣

I'm still waiting for the first Reed Warbler to appear here, but meanwhile we have plenty of Sedge Warblers to keep us entertained.

Sedge Warbler
Singing Sedge Warbler
Not only am I still waiting for my first Reed Warbler of the year, but several other birds that have usually appeared by now are still missing. To fill the time I take photos of the wonderful birds we have locally.
Treecreeper
Male Marsh Harrier
Male Marsh Harrier
Goldcrest
Singing Goldcrest

Singing Blackcap
Another Treecreeper
Common Buzzard
Coal Tit
Coal Tit snipping blossom

All the above are recent photos but those below were taken a week ago in East Carlton (just a few miles south of Hornsea) where I found a lovely male Black Redstart feeding on someone's lawn. An unexpected treat while searching for Ring Ouzel and Weatear!

Black Redstart at East Carlton

No comments:

Post a Comment