Monday 2 May 2022

Jacques Brel? Non, Whimbrel

 A first for my local patch this morning was a Whimbrel in the field just over the hedgerow from Heslops. I've often seen and heard them passing over during migration but have never seen one on the ground here before.

I was having a rest from lugging my DSLR around so only had the Nikon bridge camera with me, intending to get a bit of video of some woodland birds. The images are therefore poor to cr@p but at least I got a record of the bird.

This photo and all above are Whimbrel from this morning

I also took a short video for posterity...

In the same field were 3 Wheatear, a male and 2 females. Again, the bridge camera was found wanting.

Wheatear (female)

In first field we had a male Ring Ouzel but I didn't bother trying to get photos so hopefully the guys got some decent images. Also seen today was a Barn Owl which is becoming a regular now each morning, though I don't know if it's the same bird each day.

Barn Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment