Tuesday 3 May 2022

Treecreeper nest update

 I'm sorry to say that the first Treecreeper nest I found in late March has been predated, probably by a woodpecker judging from the damage to the bark.

Treecreeper nest laid to waste :(

I'm not sure when this happened as I left them alone for a while to get on with the business of breeding. 

At least I have found another nest in a small copse just a short distance away so I'll follow the progress of that pair for as long as I can. The nest hole is too high for me to get the endoscopic camera into, so I won't know when the eggs are laid or hatched.

TC nest #2

TC with food

Meanwhile at the Mere, a bit of drizzle in the morning brought the Swallows and Sand Martins down to feed, and they landed on the wire to rest every now and then.

Swallows and Sand Martins at the Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment