Friday 27 January 2023

Iceland Gull

 An Iceland Gull arrived at the Mere yesterday so I went down this morning to see if was still there (also Jon rang me to say it was, which gave me chance to take the scope).

A nice looking juvenile bird giving reasonable views from about 100+ yards - these pics are phone scoped.

Iceland Gull this morning

I took a bit of video footage too for the record.

I went down to KP this afternoon on the off chance that it was still here, and luckily for me it was perched on the end of a jetty. Gave me chance to get better photos with the camera.

Iceland Gull this afternoon
Iceland Gull on the jetty at KP
Iceland Gull flying west at 14:51

 In the group of Black-headed Gulls with the Iceland Gull was an old friend, JM88, that has been seen here over the last couple of years. Well spotted Mark.

Walking into KP there was a Kestrel on a post...

I was a bit busy doing other things today so apart from a couple of visits to the Mere I haven't had time to devote to wildlife. As I walked on the seafront though I noticed a maintenance platform out at Westermost Rough wind farm.

Wind turbines getting a 10,000 turn service

No comments:

Post a Comment