Saturday 20 May 2023

Empty Nest Syndrome

 I've been watching a Long-tailed Tit nest for a few weeks and the young ones fledged a while ago but I haven't been able to get pics until today.

The nest is now empty (I think)

Young Long-tailed Tit
Feeding time
Adult having a breather in between feeds

I saw 5 Hairy Dragonflies this morning on my walk, which was very good seeing as I'm out early and the temperature hasn't really had time to reach double figures. A fine sunny morning brought them out.

male Hairy Dragonfly

Also oiut and about were Red Admiral, Orange Tip, Brimstone and Comma. Only the Comma settled for any length of time though.

Comma at Wassand

At least 52 Mute Swans were in the field with Greylag Geese when I went past.

Mute Swans and Greylag Geese

A few Roe Deer were quietly wandering around minding their own business before I disturbed them by moving my arms to put the camera to my eye. Doesn't take much when they are so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment