Thursday 2 April 2020

A Cracking Day!

Well the forecast for today wasn't too good but we ended up having a lovely sunny day here on the east coast. The wind was still cool mind, but all in all I'll take days like this anytime :)

A wander down to the sea front was promised so I set off on my once-a-day exercise regime. Good job I'm not allowed out any more than that 'cos I'd be knackered!

Along the beach I found just 3 Sanderling and no Turnstone. The Sanderling were spending most of their time preening, in and amongst running away from the incoming tide. Bit of a come down from the daily record of 41 just a few weeks ago.
CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO VIEW A LARGER IMAGE

3 Sanderling
The westerly wind was just right for creating some spindrift off the incoming waves.
Spindrift seen from the cliff tops
Along the cliff tops the wind was a bit stronger and was cooling but I had my trusty cold weather gear on so I was just fine. I see some people walking around in t-shirts in this weather and I am a bit envious. How come I feel the cold so much these days? BECAUSE YOU'RE OLD I hear you say. Ahhh, that'll be the reason then.

Lots of Meadow Pipits and Skylarks today, with at least 6 Mipits in-off. Love the songs of these birds and could happily sit and watch them all day long, like I used to do when I was walking the hills.
Skylark
Skylark singing on the ground - lazy sod
Skylark
Parachuting song flight of the Meadow Pipit
Meadow Pipit
A Barn Owl was hunting along the fields just inland but was too far away for photos. I walked home happy as I've been since yesterday morning!!

Later, at home I heard a call and looked up to see a Bar-tailed Godwit flying north quite high over the houses.  A new record for the garden ✔
Barwit over the house

No comments:

Post a Comment